School is finally out for the summer and it seems like everyone is heading to the beach for their vacations. We can’t wait to dip our toes in the soft sand and relax next to those crashing waves. That’s why the beach is the perfect location to have family portraits taken. Check out more reasons why:
- Your family is at their most relaxed.
- A session of your family is something you will do maybe 2 times before your kids get married.
- Summer vacation is sometimes the only time extended family are together.
- Having Phil Hyman Photography photograph your family at the beach is so easy; we take care of all the details.
- It’s fun!
Next question is, “what should we wear?” We can help with those details, and you probably have everything in your closet. But if you want an excuse to buy new clothes then this is the time.
- Khaki pants are always classic, but blue jeans are a great option too. Linen pants are super comfortable and also look great during the session.
- Shirts and tops can be fun because of the many choices. White shirts are essential and look good, but if you want to add a little color, then pastel colored shirts are the way to go.
- Long sleeve or short sleeve? Long sleeves for adults work perfectly (roll up the sleeves, it’s the beach and hot)
- Sundresses for the ladies and little girls are perfect and flow in the breeze.
Lastly, timing is so important! Many times people choose the wrong time when photographing at the beach. There are two times of day that work best: one is early morning, and the other is early evening.
- Early Morning: 6:30 am – At sunrise the natural light is soft, and the temperature is certainly cooler. Yep, we have two young children, and one is a morning person, while the other is not (kind of like his mom) so we understand why 60% of parents choose an evening time when photographing at the beach. By chance, if your family are morning people then mornings would be the first choice.
- Evening: 6:45 pm – The sun is starting to settle on the horizon, and the temperature is starting to become somewhat bearable. Most people choose the evenings because it’s a little easier when getting the kids ready (most families will relax and maybe even take a nap in the afternoon). The only thing we sometimes need to be flexible on time to dodge thunderstorms but typically it all works out.
Bottomline, if you want a family portrait or a portrait of your children on the beach, this summer is a perfect time, and we are here to help with all the details. All you have to do is give us a call, and we’ll help plan with the details! Having a portrait done should NOT be a dreadful thing and we want to make it a fun and relaxing experience for you and your family.
Below are the dates when you’ll catch us at the beach, however, please remember that if the dates and locations don’t fit into your plans call us anyways and we’ll try to customize a time at no extra charge. The fee to reserve is $300 and times are very limited so call us today! 864-235-7864
June 23rd-25th (Charleston Area)
July 7th-8th (Myrtle Beach Area)
July 9th (Hilton Head)
July 28th-30th (Hilton Head)
August 4th-6th (Myrtle Beach)