It’s so important to hire a “professional photographer” when capturing precious memories of your family and children. Why? We hear horror stories everyday! Check out some of the latest that we’ve heard:
- The family schedules a beach session. They arrive at the scheduled time and the photographer is no where to be found. She arrives 30 minutes late because of traffic, she’s frazzled, and has very little time to work with the family. She rushes through the session and she even asks the family how they want to be posed. What?
- Another family schedules a park session. The photographer arrives and has issues with her camera. She fails to get the camera working and has no backup camera. She turns to a family member (who so happens to have a good camera) and asks to use his camera for the session. Then proceeds to grab her phone, pulls up Pinterest, and thumbs through pictures as a guide for posing. Oh, my goodness!
- A mom schedules a toddler session at her home. The photographer arrives and spends 2 hours at the house photographing the toddler. After numerous changes of clothing, the toddler is spent and tired. Mom is excited about seeing the images and the photographer tells her that she will receive a link so she can order her pics. A week passes and no email from the photographer. Mom emails the photographer and is told that they will soon be uploaded for her to view. Another week passes and still no link. Mom calls the photographer this time and has to leave a message. Two more weeks pass and still no previews. Mom is frustrated, calls the photographer, and her response is that all the images from her toddler’s session were “somehow” deleted/lost after the session. Sorry!
These are just a few of the many stories we hear when moms call our studio. They’ve had such bad experiences that needless to say they are hesitant to even try to schedule another session with anyone. Do you blame them? The result is that they didn’t hire a professional photographer. In many cases, they chose someone that was a friend/acquaintance that dabbles in photography on the side or a part-time photographer that has the lowest price. The old saying that I’ve always heard, “you get what you pay for!” In most cases, that statement is true. You can’t expect someone that gives you photography for free or at the lowest price is going to “long-term” give you the best customer service. We know that there is a time and place for everything. You’re not going to hire a professional photographer for every event in your child’s life but those moments that are most precious to you, please leave it to the professionals.
Here’s what you get when you hire a professional photographer such as Phil Hyman Photographer:
- Our goal is to get to know you. Building a relationship with our clients is at the top of our list. It’s the only way to truly capture timeless portraits of your children/family. We schedule a planning appointment in order to sit down with you and go over your wants and needs, find out about family dynamics and personalities, talk about location and clothing for the session, and chat about pricing. When you leave the studio, you will have a big picture view of what your experience will be from start to finish.
- During the session, we never rush through however we know that your time is valuable. Sessions usually last 45 minutes to an hour depending on the subject. Most subjects especially small children have a very low attention span so we know we have to be precise and quick to capture these moments before their gone.
- After the session, we don’t just email you a link to order. We want to be there every step of the way to offer our expertise and guidance. We will schedule a time for you to come in and view the photographs on a large screen and together we choose the right portraits for your home. We are here to help you decorate your home with your wall portraits.
- Delivery is so much fun! We always schedule a time for you to come by and pick up your portraits. We want that time to sit down with you and make sure everything is correct and in order plus chat with you about family and what’s been happening since the last time we saw each other. We always carry portraits out to your car (then it’s up to you to safely get that portrait in your home; lol). We can even deliver large portraits directly to your home and schedule a time for hanging those portraits.
We know having a professional photographer capture these moments for your family is an investment. It’s not like going to Walmart for a 15 minute session and walking out with prints in your hands. It’s an investment in time and money. But the investment is so worth it when you glance up at your walls and see your babies and their true personalities in portraits. Be sure to go to www.philhyman.com and sign up for our “Free tips to decorating your home with portraits!”